Introductions

Aetherios

Re: Introductions

Post by Aetherios »

Hello all, glad to be a new member. My name is Bob and I sail out of Grosse Ile MI on Lake Erie. I've just 'upgraded' to a 1973 G26 CB from an Islander Bahama 24 that I've sailed happily since 1992 here on Lake Erie. I hope to learn a lot from this group.
WhistlinSheets

Post by WhistlinSheets »

Nice to meet you Bob! :D

Cheers,
Joel.
Collarandhames

Post by Collarandhames »

Hi all,
Dave Vasey here, I have a G26 and sail out of Newcastle, Hull # 678, but my sails are 56.
my user name is a heavy horse reference, as I drove horses for 24 odd years before selling my mare and my harness and buggies for a sailboat.
I'm looking for a few parts, Rudder, port forward bulkhead, but overall my boat is amazing for the past 4 years.
Thanks for starting the forum.
Cheers
dave
Azura

Post by Azura »

Hi everyone.

My husband and I own a 1967 Classic 31 Ketch. Hull #39. We sailed from 2017 until late 2022 from Port Dalhousie (St. Catharines, ON) and then we did the journey through the Welland Canal to bring Azura to Sugarloaf Harbour Marina on Lake Erie. There is a long story there but, the short version is that was are happy to put Port Dalhousie Pier Marina in our rear view mirror (if the sailboat had one). We look forward to exploring Lake Erie and some of the challenges that may come with that.

We have 2 kids and a sailing puppy. In 2016, we hung up the backpacks and paddles to start sailing I am a food writer who specializes in food preservation for backpackers and paddlers. It lends well to cooking in a tiny rocking galley with not much more than a non-pressurized alcohol stove. That's why I am our crew's galley wench. I'm okay with that... hahaha... I've seen them cook!

The sailboat is a work in progress, as I suspect most vintage boats are. We've done some upgrades though... solar, composting head, wind gen.

I can't wait to read more of the introductions.

Laurie

PS Thanks for the help earlier James.
Azura

Post by Azura »

This is Azura...
Attachments
a very calm sail
a very calm sail
Azura

Post by Azura »

Hey... I know you!!!

Bryan wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> My name is Bryan.
> I have a 1967 Classic 31 Ketch, Hull 39.
> We sail out of Port Dalhousie on Lake Ontario.
James Burke
Site Admin

Post by James Burke »

That's a lovely shot!

Azura wrote:
> This is Azura...
skodamum

Post by skodamum »

Hello,
I am Janine and looking to find out more from Grampian owners about this boat.

I need 6'2" min headroom. I am disabled and will mainly be sailing solo.

Thank you for adding me!
Dr Jones

Post by Dr Jones »

Hello everyone! I am just a few steps away from purchasing a Grampian 2-34. The boat is in the Netherlands and has been well maintained, but I have some questions.. I will post a separate thread.. Once I finalize the deal, I will register the hull number/boat here..
Stanley

Update

Post by Stanley »

Just an update. Two years ago I moved the boat from Fifty Point to Macassa Bay Yacht club. It is closer to home and cheaper than Fifty Point.
Last supper we did a trip to Toronto. In the morning as we were coming out the western gap there was a small craft warning for the western end of Lake Ontario. The wind was blowing down the length of the lake and the waves were at least 2 meters. We wanted to go to Niagara on the Lake but changed our mind and went to Port Dalhousie. That put the wind on the beam. With one reef on the main, the boom vang off and the job partially rolled up we did 25 miles in 5 hours. We had an awesome sail. I sure like having a boat with a lot of ballast.