Ontario Boat Salvage/Scrap yards

BrandonWS

Ontario Boat Salvage/Scrap yards

Post by BrandonWS »

Hello,
Hoping I can find out some options for southern ontario boat scrap/salvage yard. I own a Grampian 26' 1974 and am seeking a replacement rudder. I dont expect to find an exact replacement but anything that appears to fit that can be picked up from a yard would more or less do the trick but am having difficulting finding yards that have sailboats in them.
James Burke
Site Admin

Re: Ontario Boat Salvage/Scrap yards

Post by James Burke »

Afraid I have no concrete names to give, but I do see a few sailboat scrapping companies advertising 24/7 on Kijiji - you might try calling them to see if they deal in parts themselves or can refer you to yards they know of. Search for sailboat on Kijiji and you'll surely see one of their ads to haul away scrap boats.
bob1sparks

Post by bob1sparks »

I have one. It hangs a little to the starboard side by a few degrees. A guy was scrapping a G26 so I grabbed his. Mine worked okay but I switched because I could. Trade? message me 873-354o five 0 nine
Nauticus

Post by Nauticus »

Thx I messaged you.

Tim
bob1sparks

Post by bob1sparks »

Didn't get it dunno why.
James Burke
Site Admin

Post by James Burke »

Hey Tim, not sure if you have reached out to Holland Marine about your rudder and other parts, but the owner of the shop was head of the Grampian association for years and is deeply familiar with the boats. If he doesn't have a direct line on a rudder he may know someone that does. They do have the window trim etc. in stock for decent prices.

http://www.hollandmarine.com/Grampian/grampian001.html
truant4

Post by truant4 »

Brandon, just saw this post. I have a rudder in good shape if you are still looking