HAPPY TO BE HERE

SeaMistress

HAPPY TO BE HERE

Post by SeaMistress »

Hi there,

Thank you from me to James as well. Nice to have a forum for Grampian Owners.

My name is Bethanny, and I'm co-owner of our 1975 G26 (not sure what the hull number is - where do I find that?). We purchased Mistress in 2017 and sail out of Maple Bay. Two years ago, we sailed (well, actually mostly motored) over three weeks through the Gulf Islands and up to Desolation Sound and back.

My partner has done several upgrades to Mistress and now I have just purchased a new Sailrite sewing machine and am waiting for it to arrive with a table and accessories. I am excited and so looking forward to sewing a few things for Mistress. For starters:
Bug covers for her v-birth hatch and companionway
Companionway cover
Companionway acrylic board bag for storing and protecting
Fitted v-birth sheets
Winch covers for three winches
I can post pictures as I progress if anyone is interested.

I look forward to connecting to other Grampian owners who are out there and hopefully some sewers.

Happy Sailing ⛵️
Nauticus

Re: HAPPY TO BE HERE

Post by Nauticus »

Hi.

Your hull number will be on your boats builders plate. It should be a series of numbers. The last 3 are your hull number. For example, my plate reads 26329. Meaning it is a G26 hull number 329

Fair winds ⛵

Tim
James Burke
Site Admin

Re: HAPPY TO BE HERE

Post by James Burke »

Hey Bethanny,

I'm envious of you guys, I used to live on the Sunshine Coast (Halfmoon Bay / Sechelt to be specific) and it's just so much more beautiful sailing there than where I'm currently at on Lake Ontario!! We've got a nuclear power plant by our marina :D Lucky! (Though I guess we could go to the Thousand Islands if we sail non-stop for a day!)

Very interested to see your projects with the sail-rite. Definitely show us your projects and progress.

My wife and I have a number of projects similar to yours we may be doing this year and next. The Sailrite is a very capable machine.