Introductions

Nauticus

Introductions

Post by Nauticus »

Hi.
Thank-you to James for breathing new life into our Grampian home.

A brief introduction. My name is Tim and I own a new to me 1974 G26 #329. I sail Lake Ontario out of Whitby. Would love to hear who else is out there.

Fair winds ⛵
kevertiger

Re: Introductions

Post by kevertiger »

Yes ;
Thanks James for setting this up.
My name is Kevin.
My son, Chris, and I have a G23 SN:23119
We are located in Port Franks on Lake Huron.
Greetings from the "Triple 'B'"
Ahoy Matey!
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Hello Everyone,
My name is Bryan.
I have a 1967 Classic 31 Ketch, Hull 39.
We sail out of Port Dalhousie on Lake Ontario.
Sailing_Hana

Post by Sailing_Hana »

Hello fellow G Owners.
My wife, Josee, and myself, Gilles. just bought a G34 center cockpit. 1973 ketch Hull 14.
We sail out of Cocagne Cape Marina , New Brunswick. Canada
James Burke
Site Admin

Post by James Burke »

Welcome everyone, thanks for posting!

Good to see you here Sailing_Hana. I think we got to see a brief look at your new G34 - very interesting boat, I have thought of buying one myself but could not find one for sale when I was in the market. Definitely handy to have a cabin to escape your spouse after tensions run high :D
G23Jim

Post by G23Jim »

Hello and very nice to be here. I was lucky to have been given a very nice G23 a couple years ago. I have yet to sail it but have great plans to breath new life into her. Look forward to learning more and getting her ready to enjoy with my family. I am always looking for information about this model and hearing about those that have one now or had one and their experiences. Thanks for James Burke for recently updating my owner information on the site.
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

This is my 6th season with my Grampian 26 CB. I bought it from someone who had lived on it for 6 years and had never sailed it. He had a new main sail that had never been on the boat. This year I replaced the genoa so I have two good sails. I have done a lot of work on the boat including rewiring, re plumbing, replaced the uplift muffler and exhaust hose and new engine compartment blower. I sail at least three times a week and we spend most weekends on the boat. We keep our boat at Fifty Point Marina. The boat name is Fare Thee Well.
alexandergl1800

Post by alexandergl1800 »

Just acquired a G26 hull #28. It has spent most of the last 9 years on the hard. It was in the water 2 years ago to make sure it was still a boat and not a submarine. It's still a boat.

It will soon be moved from Maine to Michigan to spend quality time in Lake Michigan.
None.

Post by None. »

Glad to be here and thanks to everyone who's advice and shared experiences has help saved one of our own. After five years on the hard 26757 1974 26' had an exciting season. She was a dirty musty broken down mess upon delivery. Many upgrades, repairs, motor... She will indeed take 20 knot prolonged blow full jib and main. Many exciting stories from Thunder Bay and area. First time out of the bay my dog and i made a T. Bay to Nipigon, Rossport, St. Ignace, Copper Island back home on the west end Lake Superior's North Channel. Didn't get the weather window to make the Slate Islands. Did get to experience a squall though definitely no consolation. Just short of two weeks and 300 miles. As you can see preparing for more. Cheers...
WhistlinSheets

Post by WhistlinSheets »

Hi All!
We sail out of Belleville in the Bay of Quinte (off of Lake Ontario) and we have a Gramp 26 SN: 26626 (I think). It is a beautiful Yellow Oxide colour. Any other yellow Gramps out there?! :D We have four or five Grampian 26's at the yacht club here so if any one wants to meet a bunch of nice folks and boats at once we'll be in the water in early May! Anyway nice to meet you all and I hope to see you out on the water. :D