Introductions

MrHyde

Re: Introductions

Post by MrHyde »

Hello,
I've had my G26 for 1 full season now. First big sail was moving it from Bluffers park all the way down to Hamilton, and ended up getting unforcasted hail.. Not pleasant, but really showed that the boat was tough. Its been a wonderful boat ! This spring I'll need to deal with the soft cockpit floor and get a new brass washer for the rudder cap cross pin to sit on.. And some tinkering here n there to spruce her up a bit more. If I get luck, I'll replace the furler when the mast gets stepped in the spring.. The bearings in the hold seafurl 705 are.. Well.. it works for now, but not long for this world i think. All in all, i'm thoroughly enjoying the learning curve on finally having my own boat after sailing for years..
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

Do you have a swing keel or a fixed keel? These boats have a good ballast ratio and can stand up to a good wind. Last summer we crossed from Toronto to Port Dalhousie when there was a small craft warning and had an awesome sail. The waves were 2 ft above the life lines and we did 25 mi in 5 hr. You will really enjoy your boat.
MrHyde

Post by MrHyde »

I have a fixed keel. The boat really showed that day she could hold up to more than her crew.. So far the times we have gone back n forth between Hamilton and Toronto, the wind just seems to be on our nose, regardless of which way we were going, lol. Next summer, it's time for a sail down to niagara on the lake hopefully.
G26-Tinker

Post by G26-Tinker »

Hi there,

we're Tinker, a G26 out on the wet coast. You'll find us usually on the inside of Vancouver Island.
We cruise for about a week at a time with two small children. When we're not cruising, we're fixing worn or broken parts.
This summer I got Tinker pulled out at Jack's in Lund to re-do the bottom after years of neglect. The hull is in pretty good shape,
but the windows and deck fittings need re-doing. At least the water in the bilge is always fresh!

Look forward to discussions. Any other G26s out here?

GC
Maduro

Post by Maduro »

The serendipitous discovery of an essay ordering service has become my secret weapon in the pursuit of academic excellence. Entrusting https://www.nursingpaper.com/examples/s ... lth-essay/ my assignments to skilled professionals ensures not only impeccably written essays but also a profound understanding of subject matter intricacies. It's akin to having a personal mentor, guiding me towards scholarly mastery.